FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF WAYNE
established in 1848 Minister, Rev. Robert "Bob" Cooper
GROUPS AND CLUBS
Women's Fellowship is made up of all women of the church who wish to participate, and meet on the third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m., except July and August. Some of the items Women's Fellowship deal with are:
• Joint luncheon with the women of the First United Methodist Church of Wayne, which is held in January.
• Sponsor two American Red Cross blood drives each year.
• Sponsor Blanket Sunday on Mother's Day, which is a part of Church World Service.
• Sponsor two rummage sales/bake sales each year, one in the spring and one in the fall.
• Sponsor the annual Church Fair, which is held in November. This activity is the main fund raiser for the Women's Fellowship, which helps to fund their pledge to the church.
• Participate in the Wayne-Westland F.I.S.H. program, which feeds the area needy. Four churches are involved in this program: Westland Free Methodist Church, First Congregational Church, St. Michael's Lutheran Church and First United Methodist Church.
Women's Fellowship pays for most repairs of kitchen equipment, maintains the parlor furnishings, gives money to the minister for his discretionary fund, prepares Men's Club dinners, prepares and serves funeral dinners and other luncheons and dinners e.g. bridal and baby showers, wedding dinners, Boy Scout Banquet, and other specialty luncheons and dinners.