Judy moved to Wayne from Ludington, Michigan when she was 11. She graduated from Wayne Memorial High School and then served in the United States Navy. Judy started to attend the First Congregational Church in the late 1950's. She worked for Centri-Spray Corporation in Livonia and then at Colwell Equipment in Belleville until retiring. Judy likes to spend her free time quilting with the FCC Friendly Quilters, where they donate a completed quilt to the Annual Church Fair to be raffled off each year, and also with the Angle Hospice Quilters. She also likes spending time with family and friends, sewing and gardening.